Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Japan Day 3 - Tokyo Tower Time

Tokyo Tower Time
東京タワーの時間

      I don't exactly know why I added "Time". The alliteration just sounded much better. But yes, you guessed it...today I went to the Tokyo Tower! 
      The day started off super lazy as I lounged in my cousin's apartment updating this blog, talking to my family and just chilling. Then around 6pm I got off my behind and went with my cousin to explore Tokyo Tower. We took a taxi across town and the tower glowed bright orange like a beacon in the distance. Perhaps the beacon symbolizes hope or human innovation. For me it just symbolized dinner because I hadn't eaten a full meal all day.
A beacon of hope, shining in the darkness of night. Reminding me that I am extremely hungry...and my cousin will buy me dinner once we get there. 
    We pulled up and I immediately felt a sense of Deja Vu. The Tokyo Tower looks so much like the Eiffel Tower. It's giant pillars, struts and beams criss cross to create a magnificent architectural marvel. 

        We walked inside and bought tickets to the top ('Cause thats how we roll). We first checked out the "main" floor, which had some cool looking light shows and mini fireworks shows. Then the elevator slowly took us to the top deck. 
       From the top you could see all of Tokyo. At night, the city blinks with thousands of red lights atop the buildings. I guess they are for safe nighttime helicopter landings? The blinking lights are pretty awesome, although it kind of makes you feel as if an alien invasion is occurring. 
Dramatically looking away from the camera
         My cousin pointed out Yokohama in the distance, which gave me a good perspective on how far I had traveled in order to meet him here in Tokyo. Pretty dang far.
        Anyway, we headed back downstairs to find some dinner. After grabbing another taxi, we went to Gong Zhou, a famous restaurant where the movie "Kill Bill" was filmed. Johnny Depp and Henry Cavill ate there at one point. Their pictures were on the wall.
Cenry Havill
Dhonny Jepp
       The food was great, as always. We ordered a California Roll (Eel Fish, Fish Eggs, Snow Crab, Salmon), a Shrimp Tempura Roll and Dragon Roll (Avocado, Salmon and Fish Eggs). Good food is often accompanied with good conversation and that was the case with my cousin and I.
Food is Good
          That's it! It's 2am and I am going to sleep.
         Tomorrow's adventure is...
         Finding the famous Meiji Shrine, then taking the Bullet Train to Kobe

Peace,
AJ

P.S. Hit that follow button on the top right! It's near my smiling face. You know you wanna do it. Can't miss out on all the adventure that awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment